December 21, 2022
This is the last fishing report for the 2022 fishing season. This fishing report will be updated when additional information is available. For current seasonal information, please contact the Soldotna office at (907) 262-9368.
- The Soldotna ADF&G office is now offering a fishing rod loaner program and has salmon fishing gear anglers can borrow for up to three days. This is a first come, first served program, and rods cannot be reserved. For more information, check out the Rod Loaner Program webpage or contact Jenny Gates at (907) 262-9368.
- ADF&G is mobile. You can purchase and display your fishing license and king stamp, record your annual harvest (i.e., king salmon, halibut), access sport fishing regulations and locations, and so much more on your mobile device. Download the ADF&G Mobile App today.
- There are plenty of other local stocked lakes that provide a nice, quiet winter fishing opportunity in the Soldotna, Kenai, Kasilof, Cooper Landing, and Moose Pass areas.
- Ice Fishing for rainbow trout, Arctic char, Arctic grayling, and land locked salmon should be good to excellent. Try fishing Johnson, Sport, Scout, Elephant (Spirit), Island, John Hedberg, or Swanson River Road lakes.
- Not familiar with all the stocked lakes in the area? Check out the ADF&G publication with locations, access, and other valuable information on Kenai Peninsula area lakes. More lake information can be found on the ADF&G Alaska Lakes Database.